Mount Everest South Face Expedition
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: 8,848m (29,029ft)
First Ascent: May 29, 1953 Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgey Sherpa
Duration: 63 Days
Group Size: 1-10 persons per group
Co-ordinates: 27°59’17” N / 86°55’31” E
Location: Nepal/Tibet border
Airport: Kathmandu Airport
Departure From: Kathmandu Airport
Accommodation: Three star to five star as request
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B, I, D during trekking and climbing
Transportation: vehicle and domestic flight
Best season: Spring Season (April, May)
Major Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Include Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Culture: Sherpa and Tamang
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: South East Ridge (Normal route)
Himalayan sights: Lhotse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Cho-Oyu
- Destination: Nepal
- Trip Activities: Mountain Expedition in Nepal
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m).
Day 2: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding ( 4hrs).
Day 4: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 7hrs walk).
Day 5: Weak up early in the morning at 5 o'clock. You may walk to Everest view Hotel and visit to Hilary museum and Sherpa museum.
Day 6: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3860m approx 5 hrs walk).
Day 7: Trek from Tyangboche to Pheriche / Dingboche (4250m 5 hrs walk).
Day 8: Trek from Pheriche / Dingboche to Lobuche (5018m, 4hrs walk)
Day 9: Lobuche rest day for acclimatization.
Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m, 3 hrs walk) and rest.
Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base camp (5200m)- 03 hours.
Day 12-57: Climbing period (summit period for summit).
Day 58: Preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp) and Trek to Lobuche.
Day 59: Trek from Lobuche (5218) to Dingboche (4260m approx 4hrs walk).
Day 60: Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche (3860M approx 4 hrs walk)
Day 61: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 4hrs walk).
Day 62: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m approx 7hrs walk).
Day 63: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu Transfer to hotel
Day 64: Free and explore day around the Kathmandu and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 65: Final departure or alternatively join other activities.
Included in the Cost
- Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both Domestic and International flight as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Friendship World Treks while arriving and departing in Kathmandu
- 4 Nights Yak and Yeti or similar hotels accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis
- Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period
- Schedule Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff.
- ll trekking and mountaineering equipments like; kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance Base Camp and camp two
- Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bar etc)
- Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp and cook at Camp 2
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea/ coffee) in available tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking
- 3 fresh meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners) will be serve at base camp, and camp two.
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition for both members and crews.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak to climbing the Mt. Everest.
- Daily Weather Report Services from Seattle based
- Trekking Permit (Everest National Park entry fee
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Everest (8848M).
- Nepalese Government Royalty and fees;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and 03 Times Everest Summiteers Climbing/expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at the base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen boys.
- Equipment allowances and wages for Government Liaison Officer.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
- Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camp 1, 2, 3 and 4 for members and staff.
- Ice fall charges by Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee.
- Gamow Bags (Portable Altitude Chamber).
- 7 Bottles (28L) of Poisk Oxygen will be provided each members (we use Poisk brands of the Oxygen)
- Latest model of Summit or Top out system mask and regulators
- Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance for staff
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing Sherpa guide, cook and staff.
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at camp two.
- Trekking and Climbing map of the Mount Everest.
- EPI Cooking gas, stove will be provided in camp one, three and south col for cooking food, boiling water.
- Generator will be providing for back- up of lighting power and charging electronic tools.
- Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter/Yaks to base camp)
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information
- Flight ticket reconfirmation
- visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
- Friendship World Treks T-shirt/Pashmina, broacher.
Excluded in the Cost
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Extra transportation then display in itinerary program.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Wallie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera or walllie-talkies).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minium US$ 1000.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
- Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.
Powered By https://friendshipnepaltrek.com